Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FurAltaris - Prerelease Information
~ 03/14/2023 - 03:37 AM ~

This is a game I have been planning out for a long time now as you may have seen it listed here for quite a while, FurAltaris is a very story based game, it has a lot of dialogue and focuses on that. It takes place in a small town known as Feaeblight, in this town lies an aged mansion known as "The Old Ruler's Mansion" which holds a mine within the depths, and beyond this is your journey. You can think of the mine as a deep sea, spiral depths leading downwards.

Choose from a few species such as a wolf, fox, rabbit, and skunk, along with starting classes that you feel matches you the best, there is also an option for a hardcore mode where you only have one life, the death will be permanent should you fall within the mines to a foe. I was originally going to have the game play like an arcade game where you have one life by default and no saves, if I decide to do this when the final game releases then I will include the option to skip the intro of the game if you have seen it at least once. Other species and classes will be unlockable, they can be unlocked by completing certain achievements.

I intend for this to be a short RPG game but very replayable with a New Game Plus feature and with the mentioned achievements. Many features from Crescent Quest will be included in FurAltaris as it is using Crescent Quest itself as a base. All of the same scripts, coding, data, and so on comes from Crescent Quest, just slightly altered.

As with most of my games it is being developed, created, produced, etc with RPG Maker VX Ace. As with all of my games it is being worked on solely by myself, TimeLierG. More information will be provided soon.

~ 9/17/2023 - 7:10 AM ~

Hello, this is an update about FurAltaris, there is a Halloween demo coming soon. I have made some adjustments to the game and what I've posted above is no longer accurate to the final game. There is no hardcore mode and the species have been replaced with unlockable characters. The "New Game Plus" feature is just that each floor of the mansion gets reset upon exiting. The story of the game is barely implemented yet, I have not went through all of my story scripts and inserted it into the game itself as of the time of me writing this. I will provide more information on the game now.

* Main hub where you select characters before entering the randomly generated mansion basement.
* Some floors of the mansion have a crate that will give you randomly generated gear from a drop table.
* Your character profile tracks foes defeated, floor completions, collectables, and more.
* Eleven playable / unlockable characters along with two additional hidden ones.
* Some of the locations in the mansion are altered locations from Crescent Quest.
* All characters are associated with tarot cards which reflect themselves.
* The currency is called Ferallure and can be found within the mansion.

I would like to give a hint on the two hidden characters as they are different than the other unlockable characters, you will have to do something outside of the game to unlock them. They are technically one character just with different portraits.

~ 12/13/2023 - 7:38 AM ~

FurAltaris has become a different game at this point, I've redone almost everything except the main character. All information above is outdated. This game will still exist in some form throughout the other games I will be releasing.