Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crescent Quest 1.7.7 - The Ruins of Faerblight Expansion
Hello Crescent Knights, welcome to Crescent Quest version 1.7.7. There's quite a few updates in here.

After the release of the The Winter Tribunal expansion in November 2023, the next expansion, The Ruins of Faerblight is here. Will you send yourself into the old, abyssal ridden city and claim the old crowns of Itckhazan for yourself? Many have left to do the same but have yet to return...

* A special event is here from June 7th - July 3rd, you can claim a Garwerie Isle Map for a limited time at the Cressora Town portal and use it at the port in Lusnayin City. This will be distributed once more in the future before it is entirely discontinued.

* A second event is here for this month, you can claim a Bucket of Rainbows which allows you to paint your crescent cannon a variety of colorful patterns. This item will return in future events.

* Speaking of event related items, whenever a limited time event happens that offers a discontinued item it may not feel special to some as this is a single player game, aside from screenshots and videos you can't show off your rare items and on top of this it may be difficult to prove that you got that item legitimately. This is where the "genuine item program" comes in, you can now post a screenshot of your character with said discontinued event item during the same event you got it from and have a badge of it on our site forums. This will only work during an event, not after! If you'd like to access our forums you can find the link to them in-game through the settings menu under key items.

* Added Hardcore Mode, this has been in the works for a very long time. When starting a new game and choosing this mode you will have the same game experience as Standard Mode but should you be defeated by certain bosses or during the final boss of a raid you will lose all of your experience in skills, certain items, all of your currency, your hardcore title and more. Upon defeat you will revert back to Standard Mode. While in Hardcore Mode you will also earn a new currency that can soon be spent at an exclusive shop.

* Added an interface with a compass, health and energy meter, and a sun and moon depending on what time it is.

* Added Stable and Unstable Golems, these can be found in the Sauldrabe Kingdom and require 1,972,334 Slaying experience to duel, you may be wondering what they drop but I'll leave it up to you to find out.

* Added a day and night cycle, this was in the game at some point in 2017 but didn't work properly but finally got it working for this update. The old one I planned to implement went by the system clock however this one works only through in-game time.

* Added the first raid to the game, this has been in development since around two years ago but has mostly been in my design and planning documents without anything done in the game itself until now. I removed a level requirement to access the raid because there's going to be a few players who want the challenge of completing content at low levels. I would recommend bringing some Abyssal and Blood (a new element) resistance.

* Updated the settings menu, fixing a save file now fixes it better and will give you any key items from any recent updates, this is so those with older save files can still experience everything such as the Crafting Kit and Crescent Quest Manual if anyone started playing before those items were introduced, this will also work for the new interface and icons.

* Altered the designs of many towns and cities across Crescent Quest, this is more than just a graphical or game detail update. I had a secret area south of the Keedbalt colosseum, it's been there since around 2016, this has been remade into a new town that requires one hundred Renown to enter.

* Fixed the backgrounds of specific duels.
* Fixed the Crescent Mansion quest, if you are stuck in it then check the hole in the wall by the door again.
* Fixed the Pendant of Greed effect working even when it's not in the players inventory.
* Fixed sign dialogue referring to an unused mechanic in the Keedbalt Station.
* Fixed specific barrels disappearing after searching them.