Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crescent Quest 1.6.8 - 9th Anniversary Event
Here are some of the updates for Crescent Quest 1.6.8.

It's not quite the ten year anniversary yet but we will still make this event a splendid one, come join us in the game and obtain 9th anniversary costumes, consumables, spells, and other items!

It has been a long time since I first started planning out the game in 2014 and releasing prototype versions of it for my friends to enjoy, I know I have mentioned this a few times but the game was not always called "Crescent Quest", there were many names I came up with until I decided on the name it is now. Even though some of the areas, items, and characters are the same the game was quite a bit different, I suppose it was a lot more simple back then. I appreciate all who have walked through the world of Reltionus whether you arrived in it nine years ago or today, thank you all.

Here's some updates, as usual I keep most updates secret for the players.

* Working on adding the "Crescent Quest Radio" item, this is a non-canon item that can be enabled under your key items tab and upon enabling it you may listen to the music of the game and recorded broadcasts from me and my friends, us acting out as characters in the game, as ourselves giving you trivia or even offering you Chyfrinx eggs and other items.

* Added a new kind of ore and log to the game, these can be made into different kinds of equipment and can be mined or chopped at lower experience levels.

* Added classes to the game upon leaving the starting isle of New Lusnayin. I was debating on implementing this for many years now as I think every player starting almost the same is a good thing but I also feel as though if I did add classes to the game it would allow for more variety. Classes do not effect the late game at all, it will only effect the first few hours of the game as each class gives you different tools and a small amount of experience.

* Added bucklers, a new type of shield for those that like to use crossbows or other ranged weapons. As with other ranged armor you won't be able to use melee while wearing it.

* Added combat types to the spells selection, you can choose what experience you prefer receiving more with this setting. These will also increase one or more of your stats.

* Someone new has shown up around the abandoned Keedbalt Factory, he moved some of the fences and is planning to build something there.

* Certain areas now have more detail. I will continue to enhance the look of more towns and cities throughout the game.

* The Christmas event is still going on, I have updated the items you receive from the sleigh during the event and fixed a few more graphical issues on New Cressora. If you experienced a situation where you could not complete the quest at the inn then speak with the new character sitting at one of the tables.